jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which part of Italy should I visit to experience authentic Italian cuisine at it

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image99
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Which part of Italy should I visit to experience authentic Italian cuisine at its very best?

Italian cuisine, incorporating its fresh Mediterranean ingredients and simple cooking techniques, has over a period of time become my favourite style of cooking food. I have visited Italy only very briefly for a few hours when making a cross border trip from Austria and want to visit an area of Italy where simple, healthy food is a daily way of life.

2. bdegiulio profile image99
    bdegiulioposted 5 years ago

So far I'd say either the Cinque Terre Region or Tuscany.  Cinque Terre is a seafood lovers paradise while Tuscany is all about pasta, fresh veggies, fruits, etc.  Can't go wrong either way.

3. TheLifeExperiment profile image59
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

It really doesn't matter as long as its a small village or town where the food is grown and prepared in the same place. Its the freshest you can get, and everything is homemade.

4. Daniel_Benson profile image88
    Daniel_Bensonposted 5 years ago

I recently toured Northern Italy and to be honest as long as you avoid the Tourist Traps, you can't go too wrong. Tuscan cuisine was my personal favourite but its all dependant on preferences.

I would however reccomend Bologna as a good choice. Famous for the city upon which Bolognese is named it serves up good food and its own micro-cuisine. I really enjoyed every meal when I visited the city. Its not especially touristy and a great city to visit from either Florence or Verona (1.5hours from both by Motorway).

5. Maria Andreeva profile image56
    Maria Andreevaposted 5 years ago

I think Napoli is a great place to taste Italy. It is not as crowded with tourists as Rome is. You can taste the famoust Napolean pizza. It is amazing. I love this place-www.napoliitalian.net/. try it if you go there.

If you need help finding cheap flights, try www.expedia.dk