jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is your perception of India as a country ?

1. snigdhal profile image60
    snigdhalposted 5 years ago

What is your perception of India as a country ?

Have you ever visited ? Did it change your pre-conceived notions ? If you haven't visited , would you want to and why ?

2. cascoly profile image59
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

i wrote a hub about this to a previous question

http:// cascoly.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Does-India-Fascinate

3. Unleashed Freedom profile image61
    Unleashed Freedomposted 5 years ago

umm, sigh...well. i am always amazed how such a large and chaotic place functions.
    i am by passport considered an indian, but on average get asked 10 times a month which country i am from...

the corruption , the noise, the pollution, the tremendous disregard for a variety of simple and basic laws fluster and frustrate me. my decision of not paying a bribe no matter what costs me plenty in time and effort. so that is one thing that i have had to face and seen many others face. and this is when one belongs to the upper middle class. i cant even start to imagine how the farmers and other lower middle class and other workers manage.
    the other day, i read a statistic - which said 250,000 -350,000 farmers have committed suicide over the last 17 years ( officially) - what kind of a number is that? think about it?
    and un officially ( which is another word for truthfully) its over 4 times that amount.
    having worked with many NGO's i see how they mis use money given for good causes, how corporates in India are no better than any in the west, but much better at hiding their gains ( thank you Switzerland)

on the positive side. i have met many a beautiful soul here. some so lovely that words fail me.
    the food...oh, don't get me started here. its super super delicious.

1. rahul0324 profile image83
      rahul0324posted 5 years agoin reply to this

What an answer this is! So right you are in outlining the basic inner negativity of our country, which is a disease more scary than cancer!

4. alian346 profile image71
    alian346posted 5 years ago

No, I have never been, but would love to go. When I think of India my impression is one of overwhelming colour. I would have problems encountering the abject poverty which exists and also the sheer number of people. I imagine the food would be exquisite and I am told the people of India are very open and welcoming.

1. rahul0324 profile image83
      rahul0324posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Truly they are! And you are correct about the food... ecstatic!