jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the Best Cities Or Places to Live in England?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What are the Best Cities Or Places to Live in England?

What are the Best Cities Or Places to Live in England and why do you suggest them?

2. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

Best city would have to be Worcester, as it's more like a small town than a city. It doesn't have a mall or shopping centre either, it just has mainly small, independent shops.

The best place to live for me, would be Devon, due to it being far from any major city. There are no motorways, the climate is slightly warmer and the countryside is spectacular and fertile.

3. Hayley Richardson profile image81
    Hayley Richardsonposted 5 years ago

It really depends what you're looking for.  London is an obvious answer because there are lots of well paid jobs, plus great theatre, fantastic art galleries and museums on your doorstep.   But it is crowded and property is very expensive.

Cambridge would be my choice of the best place to live.  It's a beautiful city with plenty of history and culture, good jobs and reasonable living costs, plus it is only 45 mins on the train from London so you could still take advantage of all the fantastic stuff the capital has to offer.

4. profile image49
    ceirn2hubposted 5 years ago

Brighton is wonderful! A train journey from London away, a hop to the sea, a stroll to the stylish North Laines and upper-class south lanes. The weather is generally the best in the country and has many different activities depending on what you enjoy. Sea, beach, sun, colleges, Sussex University, Royal Pavillion and many other goreous sights to see. The Sussex Downs are only a couple of miles away. The shopping at Churchill Square is easily one of the best and most diverse shopping centres in the south, if not the whole of England! If you don't live here, it's always worth a visit! You're bound to enjoy your stay! Have I sold it? COME TO BRIGHTON!!

working