jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Make reservations in advance or wait until the last minute?

1. ldferb profile image59
    ldferbposted 5 years ago

Make reservations in advance or wait until the last minute?

You see the commercials of the many online sites that ask you to make your reservations through them.  Some pride themself on getting you last minute deals.  You also hear the companies themself saying that you can get a deal if you make your reservations weeks or even months in advance. With this information bombarding us in our travels we have to ask if it would be better to order in advace or wait until the last minute.  What do you think?

2. easycashonline profile image61
    easycashonlineposted 5 years ago

It is important to make reservations in advance while going to a place in order to avoid missing out on accommodation or other services when you get there. However, in case the place you intend to visit is never overcrowded, making reservations in advance might not be necessary. Therefore, it will all depend on the sort of place you intend to visit.

3. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I like using the online sites for hotels, and flight reservations. Have never been disappointed. For car rental, I prefer to use the car rental companies directly. As far as the early and late reservations goes, sometimes I have found good deals at the last minute.... But that all depends on where you are going and when. like holiday season it's better to make early reservations, middle of the year anytime is good.

4. Sheepsquatch profile image64
    Sheepsquatchposted 5 years ago

It depends on the quality and choice that you prefer. If you know exactly what you want, booking reservations in advance can save you money, and give you a better chance of getting what you want. Waiting for last minute deals significantly lowers your choices. If I want to go to the Bahamas on June 15-27 for my vacation, the sooner I make a reservation the cheaper it will most likely be. If I want to go on a cheap cruise to any exotic destination during the summer, I should look for the last minute deals.

working