jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What is/was your favourite ride at Theme Parks?

1. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

What is/was your favourite ride at Theme Parks?

and why?

2. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

Has to be a ride called Oblivion at Alton Towers, England. Its a vertical roller coaster. Haven't been on it for years, but I can still remember drifting slowly up the slope, pausing at the top of the drop and then plummeting over 100 feet down at 60 mph. Awesome!!

1. Suespages profile image73
      Suespagesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Went on this not so long ago with my daughter its always a favorite with her!

3. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

The carousel or merry go round they are more fun to ride at theme parks.  The roller coaster is my second favorite ride.

4. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

We used to go to Cedar Point in Ohio a lot (80's and 90's). I don't remember the name of it, but there was an older roller coaster there I really liked. It wasn't the best, but because of that, and it being older, it had fewer people riding it, so sometimes you could get off and run right back up to the front of the line. To me, that was always a lot more fun than standing in line for 3 hours for the newest and coolest. Although, one of those 3-hour wait rides, the Magnum, was awesome!

5. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
    FreezeFrame34posted 5 years ago

Tough question because there are so many! Top pick would definitely be The Mantis at Cedar Point in Ohio; it's a stand-up roller coaster! Close second are The Racers at Kennywood in Pittsburgh, PA. It's an older, wooden roller coaster that would race each other (red versus blue); you could stick out your hand and touch the person beside you for a quick second!

6. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 5 years ago

The Scrambler, Tilt-A-Whirl - Bumper Cars - I can handle them.  There's a great water slide at Darien Lake Theme Park.  I can't ride on roller coasters or ferris wheels because I come out of my seat even if I am strapped in or with a metal bar.  I almost fell out a couple of times - my partner had to hold me inside.

7. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I dislike roller coasters and heights, so I usually go for the water rides, virtual reality attractions, or spinning rides like Disneyland's teacups. I also love vintage carousels w/ beautifully carved animals like those designed by Charles Looff.

8. Suespages profile image73
    Suespagesposted 5 years ago

We have been to Orlando a few times and love the hulk coaster at Universal it really takes your breath away, also like tower of terror at Disney Hollywood studios for the adrenaline rush!

9. 702norris profile image61
    702norrisposted 5 years ago

A great place is Las Vegas,NV lot  of fun 24/ 7