HubMob Weekly topic : Theme Parks

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (61 posts)
  1. Princessa profile image80
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

Hello everybody,

A big thanks to all of you who took part in last week's 4th of July HubMob

Already June, the start of a new month and almost the start of the summer holidays for some of us. In only a month those of us who live in Europe, Canada and North America are going to be enjoying the school and summer holidays.  Some will travel far and wide, while others will stay in their hometowns.  Whatever you do though, I hope you all have fun.  And to help us a little bit to decide what to do during the holidays I am going to ask you to Hub about Recreation and themed parks in your part of the world.  Let us know about all the great recreation areas that your town or city has to offer, take the opportunity to be a tour guide, an Ambassador to the place where you live. 

http://i43.tinypic.com/rup3mg.jpg

Some ideas for a HubMob hub are:

Theme Parks in your town or city
    Fun Places to visit in your town/city
    Your favourite theme Parks
    Theme Parks for adults
    Family Theme Parks
    Corporate Theme Parks
    Deals & Bargains
    Family Owned Theme Parks
    History of Theme Parks
    Famous Accidents
    Planning & Preparations
    Roller Coasters
    Special Needs Visitors
    Theme Park Experiences
    Thrill Rides
    Water Rides
    Best & Worst theme Park experiences

To join this week's HubMob please follow the steps below:

1. click this link and answer the Request that I entered in for all of you HubMobsters.

2. Choose a relevant title for your HubMob Hub To get a good ranking in the search engines make your title relevant to your hub content and avoid starting your title with "Weekly HubMob"

3. If necessary change the category for your hub according to your content.

4. Include the HubMob RSS Feed in your hub: http://hubpages.com/request/13432/?new&rss

5. Add the HubMob graphic to your hub so that everyone who reads it will know that it is part of the official HubMob topic of the week.

6. After you publish your HubMob Hub, come back to the forum and post a link to your hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.  Take advantage of the free publicity!

7. Keep track of your Hub and keep us updated on any traffic that you're getting and post some screenshots if you end up HubMobbing a few search keywords over on Google.

Yep, that's about it - have fun writing your HubMob Hub this week and please let us all know if you have any questions. Have fun, you crazy HubMobsters. smile

For those who are still not sure about what is a HubMob and the benefits of taking part in one I created this guide http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-a-HubMo … o-join-one , please feel free to come up with any questions if you have any doubts left.

1. TrinaLynne profile image69
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would anyone believe I've never really been to an amusement park because I'm so afraid of heights that roller coasters scare me lol. But I will be putting a hub out about something that is just as fun...... ;-)

2. Princessa profile image80

Come on HubMobsters... give us a thrill

http://i3.tinypic.com/4pxsdjn.jpg

3. Mezo profile image61
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

interesting, princessa....i think your keen on this subject (rlly enjoyed your travel articles here and at squidoo).....im preparing for my first smile

Princessaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right Mezo, I love a good thrill !!!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/fa7cpk.jpg

4. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Hehe first time I ever got the first one: water park rides

A very refreshing one!

5. Mezo profile image61
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

Contgratulations, Lissie smile
    It's a very nice hub btw

here is mine
    http://hubpages.com/hub/dream-park

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

This was fun, so thanks for this week's HubMob Topic! It's the first topic I ever researched on the Internet.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Luna-Park-at-Coney-Island

7. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Oh, this is going to be a fun one!

8. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Thanks Shirley, it's going to be a fun week smile

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
        Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I think it's going to be really interesting to read about theme parks from all over the world.

9. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Oops, sorry!  I forgot to add the graphic but have remedied that now.  Also added a few pics of theme park rides.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Here is my contribution:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Centerville-Amu … k--Toronto

And You Tube is very very slow tonight. My videos keep disappearing, then reappearing.

11. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

ooooh....I am literally right now writing an article on a zoo - does that count? big_smile

Hello, sorry for the delay, just waking up in my part of the world smile

Yes, a Zoo counts as it is also a "Fun Place to visit in your town/city/country".  Just make sure that you fit it under the right category.  Your HubMob hub might fit better under the

-Pets & Animals--- Zoos   category. 

Great idea for a hub smile have fun with it!

12. Shirley Anderson profile image71

I've added your hub, Susan.  I was about to remark on your Boo avatar and it suddenly changed while I was typing this.  Boo is sooo cute!

Re your hub, I haven't heard about Centerville!  A new one for me.

Theme Parks HubMob

Girly_girl, I'm not sure about the official ruling, it might be okay but did you go through the request link?

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I haven't transferred it to HubPages yet...it's still in Word. Hopefully it will count! smile I will wait until I hear further information, though.

I imagine that Princessa will be able to answer your question, if you can hold off a bit.  She lives in a different time zone.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile Boo is very cute, which is lucky because he is also a brat.

13. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

No problem, no rush! I'm still working on the article so it won't be finished for a while. big_smile

14. Mezo profile image61
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

I know it's supposed to be fun, but I thought to look at it from another point of view....
    I tried to explain roller coasters physics in a simple way without formulas or physics laws...
    How a roller coaster works

I hope you enjoy it

thanks Mezo, that sounds interesting smile

1. Sakshi Saini profile image58
        Sakshi Sainiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi mate it really sounds intresting big_smile

all the best

15. dwilliamson profile image61
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

Here is my contribution for the HubMob Challenge http://hubpages.com/hub/Paramount-Canadas-Wonderland

16. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago
  17. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I decided to write a hub about my favorite theme park, which is Disneyland.  Here is my personal take on my trips to the Magic Kingdom:

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Southern-Cali … Disneyland

18. lumberjack profile image67
    lumberjackposted 14 years ago
  19. Shirley Anderson profile image71

The hub has been updated: Theme Parks, Summer and HubMob - Oh My!

We're getting some great regulars, Princessa!  smile

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You still on your Rollercoaster ride to Famedom Shirley - 97 smile

Yeah, PD.  I go up and down like everybody.  I like 100 the best, though. smile

20. charanjeet kaur profile image59
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Wait for me time seems to be running by and im still preparing for this hubmob phew *why does a day have only 24 hours.*

21. profile image0
    Rainbow Briteposted 14 years ago

It's not much but here's my contribution....http://hubpages.com/hub/Nickelodeon-Universe

22. Princessa profile image80

Some great hubs are starting to show up and the views for this week's HubMob are starting to pick up nicely smile Keep the thrilling hubs coming HubMobsters!!

23. charanjeet kaur profile image59

Right in time before its too late, here is my addition to this hubmob working on another one as well will post it later in the day.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Tivoli--Copenhagen

I liked the Tivoli one, I'll be waiting for the next one smile

24. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

nothing like that near me, good luck with this though

25. dineane profile image83
    dineaneposted 14 years ago

Dineane, this link doesn't work.  It goes to the page to get a tracking link.  Trackers don't work in HubMob (I use a links capsule).  I'm going to your profile to retrieve the link, but you might want to change it for others looking to read your great hub. smile

26. dineane profile image83

Shirley, it's just been one of those weeks - too much rushing, too many mistakes!

I edited my post, so hope it is working correctly now :-)

27. Shirley Anderson profile image71
  28. dineane profile image83

Hey, but if anyone wants to use the link with my tracker to spread my hub around - well that would be cool, too, right?

:-)

Wow, that was close!  I hit the wrong button, got the 'report' page instead of quote!  Luckily, there's a 'back' button on that page - whew!

True, Dineane but don't you want them to read it first? smile

29. Mezo profile image61
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

You're going like a house on fire again this week, Mezo!  You'll have a ton of hubs in no time. smile

30. Chuck profile image82
    Chuckposted 14 years ago

It took a while to load everything but here is my contribution for this week:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Trail-Dust-Town … Theme-Park

31. Charia Samher profile image60
    Charia Samherposted 14 years ago

I thought I wouldn't make it this week. huh I'm having problem with my internet connections lately...but here it is

Some of Philippines Theme Park (Star City & Manila Ocean Park)

32. Shirley Anderson profile image71

The hub has been updated.  As always, please let me know if I've missed anyone.

Theme Parks HubMob

33. Princessa profile image80

Great fun hubs this week.  I'll try to get one toguether before I post the new Weekly topic tomorrow morning.

34. C.Ferreira profile image69
    C.Ferreiraposted 14 years ago

This is my first HubMob! Pretty cool topic this week.

Come take a quick tour with me on the awesome rides at Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH!

http://hubpages.com/_CFHubMob/hub/Canob … -Salem--NH

Welcome to the HubMob, now you are offcicially a HubMobster smile

1. C.Ferreira profile image69
        C.Ferreiraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me!

35. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Welcome to the HubMob, CFerreira!

You've been added to the hub:

Theme Parks, Summer and HubMob - Oh My!

36. Princessa profile image80

So far 20 Theme Park HubMob Hubs for this week with Mezo being the most prolific HubMobster for this topic with 3 Theme Park Hubs.  Well done Mezo smile and your http://hubpages.com/hub/dream-park is already featuring on Google's first page Yeah!!!

37. Princessa profile image80

New topic is out:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/15466

Have a great week smile

38. Princessa profile image80

Here is mine... better late than never smile
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Theme-Parks-in-France

39. Mezo profile image61
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

wow thanks princessa, you really rock guys...the new topic looks interesting, too

40. Mezo profile image61
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

btw. this one is on the first page too big_smile
    how a roller coaster works

I love you guys!

41. charanjeet kaur profile image59

Here comes my other addition http://hubpages.com/hub/Theme-Park-Rides Wow Mezo this hubmob htingy is working for you. Princessa this weeks hubmob is also really interesting. Will work on that one as well.

42. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Whew!  Caught up, everyone is in the hub now.

Theme Parks, Summer and HubMob - Oh My!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)