jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What are some good tourist places for a family to visit in Savannah, Georgia?

1. Esenbee profile image60
    Esenbeeposted 5 years ago

What are some good tourist places for a family to visit in Savannah, Georgia?

I'm taking a week vacation with my family. Not the entire week will be spent in Savannah, just a weekend. I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas smile

2. valery elias profile image60
    valery eliasposted 5 years ago

Tybee Island is a great sea escape very close to Savannah. You might also want to check out the river district which is filled with shops and restaurants. There are many walking tours offered in Savannah, along with horse and buggy rides that would be suitable for a family.

Esenbeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your info! I'll try to check this out! smile

3. tjdavis profile image61
    tjdavisposted 5 years ago

Savannah is a lovely place to visit. You definitely want to visit Paula Deen's "The Lady and Sons" restaurant located at 102 W. Congress St. Make sure you get there early as there is always a long line. Right next door to the restaurant is her store where you can purchase everything from spices to cookbooks. Savannah has gorgeous plantation homes and tree-lined parks and streets. They have the best ghost tours, trolley tours, walking tours and carriage tours starting at $19.95 and going up. Of course they offer Riverboat cruises starting at $21.95 and up. Don't forget to visit River Street Sweets, located at 13 East River Street on the historic Savannah Riverfront. It's the oldest candy store and they make the best taffy right there for you to watch and they throw the candy out to the people in the store. They also make the best fudge west of the Mississippi.

Esenbeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow!! Thanks for your info! I will definitely try to do some of these things. Our plan was to also visit Paula Deen's restaurant. I'll try to make it there smile

working