jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you ever go sightseeing in your own city, or do you prefer to avoid popular t

1. cactusbythesea profile image87
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

Do you ever go sightseeing in your own city, or do you prefer to avoid popular tourist attractions?

I usually only go to popular tourist attractions when I have visitors in town.

2. internpete profile image89
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

I definitely  tend to go to touristy places more often when I have guests visiting, but I do go sightseeing in my city from time to time. I think it is a good practice to take the time to visit local tourist places. I especially like visiting places in the summer when the weather is nice and you can enjoy the sun.

3. Volitans profile image82
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

I hate crowds, so I usually don't go to the "tourist" places. I live in Seattle, but I've never gone up the Space Needle. I've only gone to Pike Place once without having guests in town.

Generally, I prefer to find and do things off the beaten path. Especially if that leads me to staying home. I enjoy sightseeing in my own apartment.

4. LilaDaley profile image61
    LilaDaleyposted 5 years ago

I've only been to the CN Tower in Toronto once.  I don't like crowds so I only go to tourist places when I have visitors.  When I lived in South San Francisco I never went to tourist places there either.  Golden Gate Bridge to drive over to go to Marin to meet friends for dinner, Cable cars when my parents came to visit as well as the warf.

5. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do especially when my relatives come to visit me.