jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Are The Best Things To See And Do In Rome, Italy?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Wow! Opportunity knocks there is so much to do in Rome. It is chalk-full-of everything. The museums; the Vatican (although not part of Rome, and technically another country); the Coleseum; the coffee; the fountains and other beautiful buildings, did I mention much better coffee in the cafes than in N.A... Spend as much time as you can there! Spend the Euros; don't eat them (i.e. gyros)...

3. clairemy profile image76
    clairemyposted 5 years ago

There is not one single thing that is best in Rome. It is a beautiful city with someting wonderful to see and enjoy around every corner. Just remember to look up as well as in front and down below where you are walking. But mostly take the time to enjoy, and it is worth visti after visit after visit. However for me it is The Pantheon and Piazza Navarone where the The Four Rivers Fountain is.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years ago

Rome by Night - you get to see a lot of the famous fountains and monuments lit up for the night and it ends with a fabulous dinner complete with an opera singer!  We book it through the USO because we have military IDs.  You can probably book through your travel agent.
    If you are there on a Sunday morning, pick a spot and listen to the church bells.  I'm told there are 500 churches in Rome.

working