jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Where did you go on your honeymoon and was it a holiday of a lifetime?

1. dommcg profile image91
    dommcgposted 5 years ago

Where did you go on your honeymoon and was it a holiday of a lifetime?

2. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

On my first Honeymoon we drove to Hamner Springs in NZ in a car that was burning oil .
    My 2 nd  Honeymoon almost 3 years ago we cruised from Sydney to Tasmania which was an amazing romantic time !!

dommcgposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your very fortunate to have had two honeymoons...  i particularly lkike the sound of the oil powered car trip. Mine was in South Africa and Mauritius.

2. freecampingaussie profile image62
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The first one cost a  fortune as we had to keep buying oil as well as petrol . The second one was with a man I married because I am madly in love with him ! There won't be a 3rd !

3. lj gonya profile image61
    lj gonyaposted 5 years ago

Canada, Niagara Falls, and every state, city, and historical spot in New England. Found out that the roof on the 68 Corvette leaked and that I was allergic to shellfish.

Sounds great, the struggles we have all add to the experience as far as i'm concerned.

4. elayne001 profile image71
    elayne001posted 5 years ago

My honeymoon experience was much different than most. It was a culture shock for a newly wedded wife. read more

A very interesting read, thanks for the comments.

5. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 5 years ago

We did not have a honeymoon as it was too expensive

That is unfortunate, but it is what comes after the honeymoon that is most important. A honeymoon lasts a few weeks, a marraige should last a lifetime. Many thanks for the comment

6. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

Spain! We were married in Germany since my dad and my husband both in the Army were stationed there, so we were able to drive. For both of us it was our first real vacation as adults and it was at a time when Spain was very inexpensive and affordable. It was the holiday of a lifetime, probably because our youth and inexperience made everything there beautiful and exciting.

Sounds fantastic, I believe a truly memorable experience is all about how you see it at the time. Many thanks for sharing

7. profile image0
    supreme upbeatposted 5 years ago

Till now I am unmarried. So no question of enjoying honeymoon. .Thank you very much.

8. Globetrekkermel profile image77
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

We toured Europe for 1 month.It  was a nice holiday but there were also downtimes as we started in London down to Rome , rented a car parts of the way and long driving was tiring . Some English and Italian men tried to hit on me and flirted with me which my newly minted husband was not all too pleased.I can understand the Italian men being the classic Don Juan but the  English men? tsk tsk tsk... What's up with that?

A tour around Europe sounds fantastic. I must apologise for the English though, most of us are far more gentlemanly. Thanks for the response.

working