jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When traveling in a foreign country, do you purchase traveler's insurance?

1. hrymel profile image89
    hrymelposted 5 years ago

When traveling in a foreign country, do you purchase traveler's insurance?

If so, then who do you purchase it from?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7692238_f260.jpg

2. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 5 years ago

A big yes! Travel insurance is essential when travelling overseas to cover the costs of any emergencies or other problems. I don't get all my travel insurance from the one place. When planning a trip I do my research to see which company is offering the best deal and then choose them.

3. JessBraz profile image93
    JessBrazposted 5 years ago

Yes Yes Yes.
    I travel to the U.S a lot and I've done two trips outside of North America and I purchased travel insurance everytime... Even just for a weekend trip to NYC, I make sure I have travel insurance... When travelling in my own country, I'm covered through work, but anytime I leave Canada for an extended time, I don't leave without travel insurance... Which I always purchase through my bank. Thankfully, I've never had to use it, but I just know, if I chose to go without it once, that would be the time when I would need it... Murphy's law, I suppose.

4. Globetrekkermel profile image75
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

Yes but not all the time.It depends where i am going and what time of the year i am travelling. If i travel within the states , i don't buy but for overseas travel i buy.If i go to europe, especially in winter, you bet i make sure to buy one. And i have used them too. A year ago , i went to europe in winter, my outbound flight was delayed and i got stuck in phoenix  , cannot make my connecting flight to paris, .then i got to paris and the airline lost my luggage. I had nothing to wear, i went shopping in  paris  for winter clothes, toiletries and they also paid my hotels and meals when i got stranded in phoenix  . They paid my shopping and also paid phone calls i made  To call home and the people who were supposed to meet me at the airport. Airline delivered my luggage to the south of france in a monastery where i was staying on top of the mountains 2days later.it was well worth the $39 i paid for travel insurance.

5. CJMcAllister profile image86
    CJMcAllisterposted 3 years ago

The planning before a major trip can make it easy to forget to set up travel insurance. However, this insurance can spell the difference between a smooth, enjoyable trip and a complete disaster. read more

working