jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that the SUPER-BRIGHT white or blue head lights on cars and trucks

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image51
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 5 years ago

Do you think that the SUPER-BRIGHT white or blue  head lights on cars and trucks should be banned ?

The new technologies have produced super-bright white and blue head lights for cars and trucks that create a blinding effect for motorists.  Studies show that these super bright lights blind drivers and it is like a person coming into a dark room from being outside in bright sun light.  The eyes can not get adjusted to the darkness quickly, but takes time, which may prove fatal.

2. brianrock profile image87
    brianrockposted 5 years ago

I absolutely agree! It angers me so much when someone pulls up behind me with these extra bright lights, especially if they're driving an SUV or pick-up truck that rides higher than my two door coupe. It almost seems like they have their brights on, so the lights are shining directly into my mirrors, making it impossible for me to look behind me without getting blinded.

It's a pain, it's dangerous, and it's downright rude.

3. Janis Goad profile image87
    Janis Goadposted 5 years ago

I think they should be banned.  They blind oncoming motorists, and make it difficult for them to follow the lane, especially on highways where the lane markings are faded.  It is also a problem when the superbright lights approach from behind, and shine in the rear view mirrors.  It isn't necessary to have lights that bright.  When it gets dark, motorist need to slow down and maintain a safe speed for visibility and road conditions.

4. lupine profile image72
    lupineposted 5 years ago

I agree, they are much too bright and shouldn't be allowed. There are laws for other things such as tinted windows, having something hanging from the rear view mirror, and also if you have a light or signal that isn't working properly.

working