Will cheap airline tickets even exist?

1. Flightkeeper profile image72
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

Will cheap airline tickets even exist?

With all the mergers going on among the major airlines; United and Continental, Delta and Northwest, Southwest and AirTran, and now US Airways and American, I think it's harder to find a cheap fare.  The tradeoff is that the airlines will be financially healthier and there are fewer airlines that will have to go out of business.,

2. Iammattdoran profile image90
    Iammattdoranposted 5 years ago

Not sure if this is a US-only question but there's still cheap fares aplenty in Europe.  I'm flying from Manchester to Geneva next month for only £50 return fare.  When I was in South America earlier this year I used Copa Airlines a few times and they were pretty cheap.  I know in general we pay higher airfare prices now than we did 6-10 years but I think the high price of petrol plays a significant role in that rather than because there's less competition amongst the airlines.  You'd hope the Competition Commission (or whatever your body is called in the US) would work to prevent a situation where prices do go up considerably due to lack of competition.

working