jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever been to Scotland?

1. daydreams profile image98
    daydreamsposted 4 years ago

Have you ever been to Scotland?

If so, where have you been, and what did you think of Scotland?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7673159_f260.jpg

2. jimmythejock profile image86
    jimmythejockposted 4 years ago

yes lol I live there and I love it.....jimmy

3. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

It's a great place. Last time I was there I climbed Ben Nevis - a beautiful mountain. You can read the hub!!!
    History, landscape, music, whisky, kilts, haggis, gaelic, and a law unto themselves!!

4. theryanpride profile image79
    theryanprideposted 4 years ago

Yes i have it was one of the best vacations i had climbed mountains and taste tested whiskey and loved the pub life and food and beautiful views and great bed and breakfast it is a must go!!

5. elayne001 profile image69
    elayne001posted 4 years ago

Yes, we went there in 2009. It was so beautiful. We stayed in the highlands and I wrote a hub. We were in Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Perth. Hope to go back and see more.

6. My Cook Book profile image60
    My Cook Bookposted 4 years ago

No, i have never been to Scotland. I heard of the same as a beautiful tourist destination.

7. brutishspoon profile image66
    brutishspoonposted 3 years ago

I love Scotland and live less than 2 hours from its border with England.

I love spending time in Edinburgh but my favorite place that I have visited is Braemar not to far from Balmoral Castle. It is over 4 hours drive for me but the scenery along the rout is well worth a view, so would take me 6+ if taking it in. I would go by coach that distance usually though.

Take a look at:

http://brutishspoon.hubpages.com/hub/A- … to-explore

8. ryan-cd profile image67
    ryan-cdposted 12 months ago

Scotland is one of those countries, there are bits that are really nice, think rural like Kilmun, near Dunoon but it also has its meh bits like some of the towns.

Although you do need to try Irn Bru from a glass bottle, all the locals tell me its better than from a can or plastic bottle.

9. croatiaholidays profile image61
    croatiaholidaysposted 11 months ago

No, i have never been to Scotland, but I would really like to visit it.
    smile

10. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 2 months ago

I was born in Wick, near John o' Groats, and used to go to the Isle of Skye a lot to hike as a kid with my mum and brother and cousin. The capital, Edinburgh, is a really nice city as well, and the Scottish are very friendly and kind people.

Once, on Skye, I really needed to go to the bathroom but there was nowhere to go except a little cottage. Despite being asleep because she worked night shifts, the lady who lived there was incredibly generous and not only let me use her bathroom but gave us biscuits and tea while we waited for the bus!

Scotland is my favourite country in the world, but I don't get to visit as much as I used to because I live in Tokyo. Hopefully visiting next year. I know it's been a while since you asked this question, but have you been there?

11. Natalie Haywood profile image47
    Natalie Haywoodposted 2 months ago

I've never been to Scotland, but I want to visit this place.

working