jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I am planning to visit Washington D. C. with my daughter in a 10 days.

1. forevernatural profile image70
    forevernaturalposted 4 years ago

I am planning to visit Washington D. C. with my daughter in a 10 days.

Could someome suggest me a nice, but not expensive hotel near the walking distance from the National Gallery of Art? I don't want to pay more than 130 or around a night. It is shouldn't be perfect hotel, but something safe and clean.

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I've never stayed at any of the hotels right near any of the museums so I can't give you exact info. However, I can tell you that if you can't find one within in your budget in the city itself, you can probably find one in one of the smaller burbs. Not wanting (or able to) drive in the city would be no problem. When you check out hotel listings, see if they mention how close they are to one of the Metro stations (or call and ask). The subway will get you close enough to the National Gallery of Art you can walk from the station. The last time I was on the Metro, it was still one of the cleanest and safest ways to get around the city without a car. Just a few dollars will get you almost anywhere (unless they've really hiked up the prices).

1. forevernatural profile image70
      forevernaturalposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer. I'll check subway system in Washington. Probably you are right.

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.

3. profile image57
    Robin Burksposted 2 years ago

I use www.dreamedtravel.com never had any problems with hotels from their site

working