jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Where is the best place to take a hot air balloon ride?

1. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 4 years ago

Where is the best place to take a hot air balloon ride?

2. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

I would suggest meeting the balloonist at one of the many balloon rallies across the country.  Many of these experienced balloonist give out balloon rides.  There is a rally in Wellsville, N. Y. this weekend, July 19-21, 2013.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

The only place I know of is the Napa Valley in California.  After a 4 hour ride over the beautiful countryside, you land and celebrate with champagne.  Twenty five years ago, it cost $100; I have no idea what it costs now.
    I should think any place that's beautiful is a good place to take a hot air balloon ride.

1. Borsia profile image47
      Borsiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My ex took her mother there years ago and they loved it. It was one of the last things they ever did together and one of her fondest memories

4. sallybea profile image99
    sallybeaposted 4 years ago

I have always wanted to take a ride in a hot air balloon - my preference would be to take my first flight over a game reserve in South Africa.

5. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 4 years ago

I would think Napa Valley too. It's such a beautiful place, and what a beautiful site it will be to see while riding high.

6. Oscarlites profile image37
    Oscarlitesposted 4 years ago

I'm not a scientist, nor a balloonist, however as a pilot of small aircraft and having some  aero-dynamics training; I feel that colder climates are going to provide the best lift and safety of flight. not necessarily arctic temps, but the cooler the better. Denser Air provides better lift, and I would expect better control of lighter than air machines,  lots of interesting reading on blimps and balloons as far back as the past centuries in Europe.    another thing to consider is terrain, and obstruction avoidance, as well as presence of high wires.  One also would like to have accessible terrain to recover the craft on intentional or emergency landing.

7. Aloke Mukherjee profile image60
    Aloke Mukherjeeposted 4 years ago

I would like to ride over Manasarovar, Himalayas. I always wanted to ride a balloon.

working