jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Snow or Sun?

1. TimMEy profile image82
    TimMEyposted 4 years ago

Snow or Sun?

If you have a week of vacation in January would you rather go on a skiing trip to the mountains or a beach holiday in a tropical country?

2. thumbi7 profile image64
    thumbi7posted 4 years ago

I like sun. We live in tropics and have never experienced snow. Snow is very beautiful to look at in pictures. But I shudder at the thought of living in a place which is colder or where there is snow fall.

3. suzettenaples profile image91
    suzettenaplesposted 4 years ago

This is a hard one to answer. I snow ski so I like both.  If it was a ski trip to ski in the alps, I'd go there  hands down. Otherwise I think I would take the sun vacation in the islands somewhere.  Antigua or the Virgin Islands sure would be nice!

4. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

That is a very hard question I live where we get a little of everything. So I get to enjoy both. I would kind of think snow in the mountains more.

I love the woods. I think they are beyond amazing in the snow. I love how things look. Snow always masks what is already there , giving it a more spectatular appearance. Although, it is cold. You can still do a lot of things in the snow. You can see everything in a whole new way. Unlike, ordinary sunny days. Snow tends to make things just a little more beautiful than they are. Giving you a feeling of hope in the world. If nature can become more beautiful why can't everything else?

Its more romantic. I have had more romantic times enjoying the snow than on the beach. You can cuddle, play in the snow, go for walks and see things differently.

5. Suhail and my dog profile image87
    Suhail and my dogposted 4 years ago

I would go to a week long dog sledding trip. I like to take pictures. For shorter trips, I hike with my dog and take pictures while doing that. Everyone does photography in the sun and those pictures appear by millions everywhere. Winter with its snow offers a unique situation that few people can cope with or even want to try for photography.

Besides, if you go to a colder place for 1 week and do skiing, dog sledding or whatever, you find winters back at home after the trip easier to handle, because they don't appear as cold.

6. dis-cover profile image83
    dis-coverposted 4 years ago

Sun, definitely. The sun is the source of life and energy. Snow, just to ride a snowboard.