jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do on a snow day?

1. David Carl profile image69
    David Carlposted 4 years ago

What do you do on a snow day?

So, it is snowing kittens and puppies here in New York. It is a snow day. Schools are closed and some agencies. Do you have days like this where you live? What so you do?

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

Just go answer questions at HP or write a new hub! Good day for a pot of coffee and cinnamon biscuits too!

David Carlposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That' a fact, Jack ie. Thanks for your comment.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Because I have vacation days I can use to call off when the roads are really bad, I like to stay home and write. Unfortunately, today started with me cleaning five or six inches of snow and ice off my driveway and car. After that hard work, I took a nice long nap. But it wasn't wasted time because I was running ideas for my novel through my head as I worked.

Your hard work  gave your creative brain some time to rest and breathe, so it could go  get  an Ah Ha out of the Ah Ha  Hall.
      Nice hearing from you today!

4. Bk42author profile image82
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

I'm in New York, too. Fortunately, I didn't have work today so I avoided going outside, stayed in my sweats and worked on my writing. My husband's a school teacher but here in Brooklyn so I think most of the schools here were open.

5. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

We rarely get a real snow day so I go outside and play with neighborhood kids who are mostly otherwise too busy or on the run with school and activities to play outside at home.  Nothing beats it--unless the kids could include my grands.  smile 

We remember that we know each other and we are a family for that space of time.  Everyone enjoys being with each other.  We revel in the white stuff by rolling and sliding in it, and throwing it and building with it and basically exhausting ourselves with it. 

The yelling and laughter and giggles and warnings and squeals and all other such delightful noises ring throughout the blanketed streets and houses, and in certain moments, when there is a lull in all the hustle and bustle, the hush that only snow can create in outdoor spaces lets us enjoy the quiet sound of the natural world.  No sounds from cars and trucks and other engines in the air or on the ground, only the softness that a true snow day gives us. 

I love our snow days.

This was a beautifully written response about snow days. I immediately went to you hub page and read your article on Acetaminophen. Very Good. I intend to read more of your work in the future!.