jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What were you doing 34 years ago on May 18 (the day Mount St. Helens erupted)?

1. Carb Diva profile image95
    Carb Divaposted 3 years ago

What were you doing 34 years ago on May 18 (the day Mount St. Helens erupted)?

May 18 is the 34th anniversary of the eruption of Mount St. Helens. At that time I was working for the USGS in Washington state, so the events of that day are still fresh in my mind. Would love to hear if others remember that day--what were you doing?

2. Foodeee profile image78
    Foodeeeposted 3 years ago

Probably sitting in Junior high school staring in to space waiting for class to be over.

3. jhamann profile image88
    jhamannposted 3 years ago

I lived in Gardnerville Nevada in a valley at the foot of the Sierra Nevada MT range.  I was in middle school and I remember the sky going grey and the valley was covered with an inch of ash.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I was ten years old so I was probably in school. I would've been in fifth grade at that time. I do remember seeing reports on the eruption on the news.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Probably working. At that time I believe that I was working F/T and P/T.

6. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

I remember the news coverage quite well, but I'm not as quick to recall what I was doing at the time. That day would have also been my daughter's sixth birthday, so I'm sure I was preparing to celebrate the occasion. It's hard to believe she's turning forty on Sunday.

7. ladyweight profile image84
    ladyweightposted 3 years ago

I wasn't even born yet. But it must have been an interesting day on the planet.