jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Where is the best place to see Christmas lights displayed?

1. Glenda Motsavage profile image81
    Glenda Motsavageposted 3 years ago

Where is the best place to see Christmas lights displayed?

I love traveling and I love Christmas light displays!  With the Holidays quickly approaching (here in the USA), where is the best place to see Christmas light displays? 

My two favorites thus far are Disney's Hollywood Studios (The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights) and 'Nights of Lights' in St. Augustine, Florida (National Geographic says it's in the Top 10 places in the world!).

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11821822_f260.jpg

2. WiccanSage profile image94
    WiccanSageposted 3 years ago

Hollywood studios is also my favorite place. A lot of people talk about the Magic Kingdom but I think Hollywood studios beats it.

Glenda Motsavageposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree, WiccanSage.  The decorations on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom are outstanding for the Holidays, but doesn't compare to The Osborne Spectacle of Lights with its 5 million lights and 66 snow machines!

3. CoeGurl profile image78
    CoeGurlposted 3 years ago

We used to live in Nashville TN and every year the Christmas lights at the Opryland Hotel were a must-see. There's a little "island" of trees and paths and water just outside the Magnolia Entrance (the massive entrance). You can walk among the trees along the paths, and the brilliant tiny white lights everywhere are almost blinding! The grounds and the interior of the hotel are fantastic at Christmas as well.

Glenda Motsavageposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nashville has always been on my bucket list, and I can imagine it's extra special at Christmas!  And yes, ANY of the Gaylord Hotels are worth seeing over the Holidays - the one here in Orlando is spectacular as well.  GREAT recommendation, CoeGurl!

4. KonaGirl profile image79
    KonaGirlposted 3 years ago

New York City and Bellingrath Gardens Mobile, Alabama in the US and Vienna, Austria in NY

1. KonaGirl profile image79
      KonaGirlposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oops! should have edited my response from "in NY" to in Europe

working