jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Some young people are chosen to go to Mars on a one way ticket ..

1. rexy profile image67
    rexyposted 3 years ago

Some young people are chosen to go to Mars on a one way ticket ..

Youngster are chosen to go the the red planet  (mars) on a one way ticket....How risky is this? what are they in for trying to achieves their dreams.....

2. Jeremy Gill profile image95
    Jeremy Gillposted 3 years ago

Seems incredibly risky. Like you say, they already know they're not coming back. Hazards include a constantly depleting oxygen, fuel, food, and water supply, plus maintaining proper course and radio contact. However, just because it's risky doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. If they know the dangers, and are willing to face them for adventure and new frontiers, I wholeheartedly respect their decision.

3. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

How young?  I would find it incredibly implausible that children would be selected to go--unless you're doing it in the same style as the CW's "The 100."

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
      Jeremy Gillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If I'm remembering correctly, it's young adults. Probably all at least age 18. It'd be pretty unethical if they weren't old enough to understand what they're getting into.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No kids, unless age 19 is a child. According to my updates & press releases received, candidates are ages 19 thru 60, but many in the semi-final 100 competitors are in the 20s. Final cut to 24 people, six teams of four is to complete by end of 20

3. profile image0
      Stargrrlposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I would think 18 would be too young, and that thirty somethings or twenty somethings would go.

working