Must know things about Canada for first time visitors?

1. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Must know things about Canada for first time visitors?

As an American who has never left the country, and spent most of my time in rural southern USA, I am trying to learn any must know things about Canada. We are looking at taking a short trip there next year and would like to know if there are any things that are major differences in people, customs, or just general things that anyone visiting MUST know.

2. Anna C Taylor profile image88
    Anna C Taylorposted 2 years ago

It depends on where you're going in Canada. In general there aren't any crazy cultural differences that will get you in trouble. Just be polite, courteous, and have fun!

In my experience (which is only in cities that are close to the border with the US) Canadians are very accepting of outsiders and you're unlikely to stand out unless you make yourself stand out. They're proud of their multi-culturalism. Climate, cultural quirks, and language vary a lot from place to place.

So you know, don't wear an American flag t-shirt and yell about America and you're good to go.

For a first international experience Canada is a great place to visit. It doesn't feel all that different from the US and is a safe place to be a tourist.

working