jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you feel about traveling to England? My family is from there but I have n

1. Florence Gilliam profile image60
    Florence Gilliamposted 20 months ago

How do you feel about traveling to England? My family is from there but I have never been.

With things the way they are now. Should I go or just wait?

2. CYong74 profile image98
    CYong74posted 20 months ago

What are you concerned about?

If it's Brexit, well it's pretty much in a diplomatic sort of stasis now. And the pound is WAY down.

If it's ... terrorism, well, I think a lot of articles on HubPages alone would tell you whether there's any serious danger. Personally, I think the real nuisance would be longer queues and more stringent checks at airports.

Florence Gilliamposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thank you. You are right you can have terrorism anywhere you go. So go and enjoy.  Thanks

3. Aime F profile image83
    Aime Fposted 20 months ago

I'd hop on a plane right now and go if I could!  England is lovely.

Go for it.  My mom headed to London a couple of days after the Brexit vote and the only thing that affected their trip in any way was the pound's plummet (they had exchanged their money before the vote). 

As for terrorism, I think with most places in Europe you've got as much of a chance to see terrorism where you are now as you would over there.  You should always check the travel advisories before going anywhere but as far as I know there's nothing for the UK.

Florence Gilliamposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I have wanted to go and look up my family so I think I am going to go for it.
      Thanks

working