jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Punkin Chunkin

1. Happyboomernurse profile image90
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

Has anyone ever gone to the World Championship Punkin Chunkin competition in Southern Delaware?

2. I am DB Cooper profile image75
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

I've only seen it on TV. Some amazing feats of backyard engineering going on there.

Happyboomernurseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It is amazing and I think you can actually see more on TV than in person, although the actual event is alot of fun.
      I moved to Delaware a decade ago, and when the locals first told me about it, I thought they were pulling my leg.
      Thanks for taking time to leave a comment.

3. SandyMcCollum profile image71
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Me too, it looks like fun but it's across the continent from where I live. I hardly ever make it far from the left coast.

You actually get a lot more information by watching it on TV and can see replays on the Science Channel website.

4. Urbane Chaos profile image88
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

..I don't even know what the <censored> that is!  Punkin' Chunkin'?  Sounds like something that's done after one eats too much pumpkin pie.

He...He! That's what I thought when I first moved to Delaware and the locals told me that there was a fall festival where grown men shot pumkins out of man made "cannons."
      Turns out they were telling the truth and what started 25 years ago in a farm by a small group of men tossing pumpkins out of boredom, has become an annual event that draws thousands. And the cannons are truly amazing feats of engineering that competitors work on for a whole year.
      Videos can be watched on the Science Channel if you missed it on TV. Just enter Science Channel Punkin Chunkin in a google search and it should come up.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image88
        Urbane Chaosposted 6 years agoin reply to this

As strange as it sounds, that's actually pretty cool!  I'll have to check out some videos... wonder how hard it would be to make one of those.. hmm.. big_smile

Hope you have fun checking it out.

working