Where to stay with young children? Hotel Vs. Self Catering

1. Mark Greenley profile image61
    Mark Greenleyposted 6 years ago

Hi Everyone :-)

How do you prefer to travel with young children with regard to young children, is there a preference to the type of accommodation - hotel, self-catering, other, and how do you prepare yourself for the journey?

Mark

1. NCBIer profile image61
      NCBIerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends on your options I suppose. Given a preference I go with Embassy Suites or a rented condo. The most important thing with young children is to have a full kitchen. That and a full bath tub if your children aren't used to showers yet.

Preparing for the journey really depends on the type of journey, airplane, car, international or not... but planning ahead is definitely a must if you really want to enjoy the trip. Just my opinion!

1. Mark Greenley profile image61
        Mark Greenleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi NCBler - thanks for the reply!

I think you're right preparation is the key, that and the age as I guess their needs can vary greatly in the younger age groups.

We have children who are 6 and 4 and find that we can now be a bit more flexible than when they were younger although still not sure whether long haul would be a great idea yet. even so it still amazes me how much stuff we need to take on our travels!

working