jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you let young children stay up to midnight on New Years Eve?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Do you let young children stay up to midnight on New Years Eve?

Old enough to know what's going on age?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I have a five year old and a ten year old, and they're excited about New Year's because they get to "stay up super late." If years past are any indication, though, they'll probably poop out well before midnight and I'll end up carrying them off to bed.. haha

1. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

As I predicted, my 5 year old didn't make it till midnight on New Year's Eve (his older brother did, though just barely)... the little guy fell asleep on the couch around 11 pm and I carried him up to bed. Haha

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

When my children were little....if they wanted to stay up for the Chimes at Midnight, I was fine with it, as long as they took a little nap during the day.  It was actually nice to have them up to celebrate the first moments of a brand new year......Toast their Kitty Cocktails...make a secret wish.....and then, to bed!...

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We let our kids stay up if they wanted to.  Since the following days is a holiday, they could sleep in.  Most of the time though, they dozed off before it hit midnight.

5. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 5 years ago

No. Still don't, though the oldest is almost 10.
    I let them stay up until 9 or so and watch videos of other parts of the world and their celebrations, such as Australia and China. It's enough for the little ones to see fireworks on the TV and then be put to bed.

6. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

Yep because they are out of school the next day - so I let them enjoy -run around -tire themselves out-and fall asleep when they fall asleep - they drank sparkling cider - while we toasted with champagne -and they danced and sing - and we watched movies together

7. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

I let mine stay up, but they don't smile they fall asleep before midnight because they are so tired.

8. Vicky022389 profile image83
    Vicky022389posted 5 years ago

If I had kids, I would let them for New Years. I swear I try to avoid Walmart at all costs but sometimes when I go (it's usually past midnight because everywhere else is closed, my last resort is Walmart) I always see babies running around past midnight. This is crazy to me, I would never let my kids be up so late!