jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

This is disgusting

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

It seems 100 sled dogs (healthy sled dogs), were put down after the Vancouver Olympics because business went down.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/3 … 16462.html

There is no excuse for that at all, this company should not be in business.

1. Vicki.Pierce profile image80
      Vicki.Pierceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree!  That is absolutely absurd!

2. the old woman profile image59
      the old womanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe we should start putting the owners down for failing the animals that served and loved them
      old woman

2. shibashake profile image85
    shibashakeposted 5 years ago

And the lawyer says ...
    "He just wanted the greatest happiness for the greatest number of dogs. He had to choose — 'Do I keep 200 dogs and make their lives great, or do I stick here with the 300 that I have?"

The sad thing is that if they had properly shot the dogs it would all have been perfectly legal. Sad commentary on humanity. sad

3. AliciaC profile image97
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

The news reports of this event are sickening, not only because the dogs were killed but because of the inhumane way in which the killing was done. I hope that the people who are responsible are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

4. stey_true profile image77
    stey_trueposted 5 years ago

This is horrible! This type of stuff should never happen. I don't understand why anyone would think it is okay to take the life of a dog just because they are no longer needed for what they were trained to do. I am absoluetly sure they would have been able to find great homes for these sled dogs.. I bet they didn't even try.
    This topic is one thing that truely gets to me. Hundreds of animals are abused, killed, and or hurt daily. I wish there was something we could all do to make this stop!

5. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 5 years ago

This is inexcusable.  He could have made a public plea for people who were willing to adopt these dogs! People would have taken these trained mush dogs. Lazy, heartless and unbelievable!

6. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

Oh God, I can't stand stuff like this.  But thanks, UW, for pointing out these bast*rds.

7. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 5 years ago

This is so sad, and it makes my heart bleed.

I can just imagine the last looks in those poor dogs eyes, questioning why.

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 5 years ago

That is tragic. Pets are not disposable!!