jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Pen and Ink

1. ACRichmond profile image61
    ACRichmondposted 5 years ago

I really love Pen and Ink. I collect pens. My current favorite is Pilot. I don't like signing my art all the time because many drawings can be seen from all directions. Am I the only person who does not like to sign my art?

1. yolanda yvette profile image61
      yolanda yvetteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A pen collector.  Interesting.

I would like to be able to draw, paint, sketch.  But that's not one of my talents.  Lovely avatar, btw.

1. 61
        stoneyyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'Talent' doesn't come into play.  Its like learning to ride a bicycle.  One doesn't start out competing in the Tour de France.

First, one needs to learn the basics pedaling a tricycle.  One advances from there. 

Drawing, painting and sketching is no different from anything else.  There's a learning curve.  smile

A good teaching website, no charge, is wetcanvas.com .  Some areas are open while others require a person to register.

2. rogermac profile image84
      rogermacposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh my gosh! Hello! I'm a huge Pilot fan. I can currently only write and illustrate with a Techpoint V7 pen. I've done some really cool and big stuff with these pens. When I say big, I mean 70x100 cm detailed drawings big_smile
      I don't sign my drawings either, well at least not in the front.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

And, just to let you know, I don't want to sign your art either. But, to each their own.

I'm not an artist and do not draw either. However, I do put my name on most of the things I write. It could be considered a signature.

If you don't want to, then don't. Choice is yours. wink

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

I only sign in the canvas. May be some other day I will draw something over the signature lol lol

4. ACRichmond profile image61
    ACRichmondposted 5 years ago

Thanks. I will sign if asked apparently. I sold a drawing a month ago and let the buyer choose where. smile

5. Wayne Tully profile image62
    Wayne Tullyposted 5 years ago

I use cheap gel ink pens mostly as they are dispensable and easily disposable and great for fast sketching over a pencil drawing.

6. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

I steal pens wherever I am. Yours sounds nice, keep it safe, I may call around!