The Virtual Art Collector

1. Guru-C profile image54
    Guru-Cposted 9 years ago

Hi, Everyone,

I hope you're having a great day.  A thought arose as I contemplated posting a link to a hub I particularly enjoyed assembling.  And that is that with all the turmoil that takes place around the world, we often oscillate between gloom and frivolity.  Read about wars, crimes, human suffering, and it's impossible not to feel a pall of dispair.  So then we seek out fun in the form of follies such as flirting, celebrity gossip, shopping and slapstick.

I want to suggest the middle path, in which we put our minds and our eyes on art, important art that makes us think and makes us see the events of the world through the lens of sensitivity and interpretation.  We can appreciate how great artists draw from the political environment and then help to shape it.  And we can discover how to make our own world a more intelligently beautiful place.

One of the reasons I wish for wealth is to be able to make a physical difference in the lives of the people I love and to humankind.  One of the things I would do for myself would be to collect fine art. 

While I wait for an incredibly lucrative project or for my hubpages to go viral, I sometime use the tools to visualize the kind of collection I would one day curate.  And maybe, that way, my projection will align with a seeker's vision, and the paradigm shift can begin.

2. monicaelayne profile image59
    monicaelayneposted 6 years ago

You may be interested in a company called GYSTIink.

GYST-Ink is an artist-run company providing information, technology and solutions created by artists for artists. GYST–Ink stands for empowering and educating artists instead of exploiting artists for profits. Our software and services aim to streamline the business aspects of an art career, saving artists money and freeing up more time for work in the studio. Spearheaded by Cal Arts professor and renowned artist and curator Karen Atkinson, GYST-Ink has been the leading resource for professional practice, art advice and art business services in Southern California for over ten years, and helping thousands of artists from all over America get on the road to career success.

It has been a phenomenal resource to me, to my peers, and has brought light to the BUSINESS of art, rather than just the proces and/or hobby of it. Check it out!

3. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 6 years ago

In all my art hubs, specially my series on art history, I used the paintings that I dream of seeing up close (and personal). It's kind of cathartic despite it being just the next best thing cool