Online freelance jobs?

1. 0
    Hikikomoriposted 6 years ago

Does anyone have experience with online freelance work?

Due to strong social anxiety, I wouldn't mind finding legit online freelance work to keep myself occupied, avoid anxiety, and (of course) earn an adequate profit to fully support myself financially.

I won't bother with employers who require me to pay a sum of money to work - it wouldn't be feasible since I'm too cautious of a person to do such a thing.

Hope to receive a response.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Depends what you mean by online freelance work and what skills you have to offer.

I started out as a freelance medical translator by setting up an account on That was in 2001. I got my first client that way. I now have a good client base and still get enquiries from new clients via proz. I turn down 2-3 times as much work as I can accept. However, I got to this point because I have a solid biomedical background of qualification and experience plus sufficient knowledge of several languages in order to be able to translate out of them into English.

You need to assess what you have to offer and find the appropriate places online to market yourself.