My top 5 pieces of advice:
1. Read, read, read your hub. Read it out loud, read it when you are rested, and read it when you are free from distractions. Read it a week later, a month later and a season later.
2. Correct mistakes in spelling. Use your spell check! Then copy and paste into a Word document, and use the spell check there! Have a friend or loved one check the spelling for you. Spelling words correctly is essential!
3. Check the grammar. Just as important as spelling is grammar. If you are not sure of the grammar, ask. Ask a friend or another hubber to check your hubs for correct grammar. It is crucial to have your grammar correct in order to make your points effectively.
4. Make your point! If you take the time to follow through and make your point, then your final product will be more successful. Random, rambling hubs are great for getting things off of your chest, but they are dead weight in the world of success.
5. Write what you know and enjoy. Even if you THINK you know what you are talking about, take the time to confirm your facts and make sure you have solid information. Writing about subjects with which you are familiar, makes your writing more meaningful and therefore, more successful. If you learn something new, then add it in. Take the time to go back and update your information. It keeps your writing valid. If you write what you enjoy, it will show in your hubs and they will be more meaningful to others.
Good question! Hmmm.....I think I might need to take some of my own advice and do some updating!