mbwalz profile image 87

Why do so many people skip rating a hub?

d.william profile image84

d.william says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

Yes, I miss them too. I wish it was near the "share" stuff. Then you could easily do it all at once.

mbwalz profile image87

mbwalz says

CyclingFitness profile image91

Liam Hallam (CyclingFitness) says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

Generally, the feedback can help you tweak the hub if you like. I think it means that someone is also more likely to share with their own hub followers, a source of good traffic. You are right though, the organic traffic is also a good judge.

Escobana profile image88

Escobana says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

Inexperience was my problem at the beginning too. And, it's easy to miss if there are lots of comments at the end of the hub.

DzyMsLizzy profile image92

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

I agree! I think most people try to write well and people tend to learn more from pointing out the good things in their writing, and perhaps a helpful suggestion about something to improve.

cydro profile image96

Blake Atkinson (cydro) says

Hikapo profile image84

Seet (Hikapo) says

MarieAlana1 profile image84

Marie Alana (MarieAlana1) says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

Yes, it's easy to miss though. When you read a hub, it's at the end, right before the similar hubs and comments! Glad you asked. Sharing is great too, and that's on the right, at the top.

Diana Lee profile image80

Diana L Pierce (Diana Lee) says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

I do the same. Although I understand their desire to help other Hubbers and to get people into the habit of rating.

paxwill profile image81

paxwill says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

Certainly! Just because I like to give people feedback about what I liked in a hub doesn't obligate anyone else to. Writing class teaches us the importance of feedback to the process. I just know a click doesn't mean anyone even read the hub.

CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image81

Erin (CRe8tiVeLiFe) says

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

The hub ratings are just after the hub text and the list of hubs with similar themes. Just before the first comment. I have few people that comment on my hubs. Not sure how I feel about that. Some people have over 1000!

Insane Mundane profile image59

Insane Mundane says

• MarieAlana1 profile image

Marie Alana (MarieAlana1) 3 years ago

This is true. I also feel like the thumbs up vibe is getting a little useless becauses it may be used a little too much, but what would we do without any hand signals. You should read my hub on Shel Silverstein. I touched on this topic through it.

0

• mbwalz profile image

mbwalz 3 years ago

It seems it's become important if you want HubPages to keep it featured longer.