jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Resolved: Permission granted to pin flag is needed

1. Cathleena Beams profile image82
    Cathleena Beamsposted 4 years ago

It would be wonderful if there was a feature added where we could turn on a flag that would appear on all our hubs that states "Permission granted by author to pin to Pinterest."  This would really help to clarify whether or not it is okay.

1. SimeyC profile image86
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have the option to turn the 'Pin' option off - so by having the Pin button on a Hub you have effectively given permission...of course only other hubbers would know that!

1. Cathleena Beams profile image82
        Cathleena Beamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I read some articles that led me to believe otherwise; however, I did just find a guide to Pinterest after reading your post and I agree with you.  I will assume that if the feature is turned on, I have permission.  Thank you for your perspective.  yikes)

2. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks, SimeyC, for beating me to the answer. Cathleena, SimeyC is correct. You can turn off the Pinterest button from appearing on your Hubs by going to My Account > Profile > Social Networks and clicking the checkbox to "disallow users from pinning my Hubs."

Otherwise, appearance of the button is permission to Pin.

As an aside, I'm still baffled that folks turn it off. It's huge source of traffic for HubPages. Personally, it's been a huge traffic driver for my Hubs, and I use all of my own photography. Anyway...discussion for a different forum.