jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

broken link that I cannot find

1. robie2 profile image90
    robie2posted 4 years ago

Can anybody help me?  I got a broken link notice( the little black triangle with an exclamaton point in it) on my hub about the Icelandic Christmas Lads awhile ago. First I checked all the links, then I removed all the links   I  have now removed every link in that hub and every picture, plus I removed the old video and substituted a new one -- there are no pictures and no imbedded links in the hub now and STILL the broken link message is there. WTF?????? What could the problem be???? Here's a link to the hub

http://robie2.hubpages.com/hub/Christma … in-Iceland

Should I delete the hub or what.  I don't know what else to do

thanks for any suggestions in advance

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you can wait and check again afterwards. You have only one video left in that hub and since it is not broken, maybe there is just a glitch. Don't delete the hub.

1. robie2 profile image90
        robie2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

well, I've been waiting for a week and nothing has changed, so I  think whatever the glitch is, time won't fix it.  I've sent an email to the team at Hubpages and am hoping that somebody will take a look there, but thanks anyway for the suggestion.  I'm only going to delete it as a last resort

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

ah ok, I hope the HP staff can respond to this, have a good day! smile

2. ocbill profile image75
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

This happened to me many times. I think it could be that the link opens up slowly from the URLs server even if it is a good link.
    The support email you sent is the best way to get it fixed although when I did that it occurred again a couple times later. So far, no new glitches anymore

3. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

How I fix this issue.

In my account on the left there is an option to test for broken links, do this, it will give you an opportunity to retest the broken link.  Once that is done your worries are over.   smile

1. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Righto, Reality Bytes!

Robie2, you can navigate to the "broken links" page here and click "retest" to clear the link(s).

working