How would you say it's best to get Hub of the Day?

1. JakeFrost profile image61
    JakeFrostposted 4 years ago

Hub of the Day is an outstanding achievement for many people, but what about those small writers with not many fans that do write excellent hubs. How do they get noticed?

1. 0
      summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

According to the learning center information, your chances are increased if you create a hub from a weekly topic inspiration also you must have a quality photo which is properly attributed.

Best of Luck!

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I have had only one HOTD, and it was a long article that I put a good deal of work into. It was also a subject that I am interested in, so I went fairly in-depth because I enjoy learning and reading about it. It's a subject that is somewhat mainstream but there's not that much information out there on web (I think because not many people are searching for it. It's not a high-traffic hub, for sure.)  I also proof-read and spell-checked the hub extensively before publishing it.

I wrote it during the "know it all" contest, and when I finished it I not only posted my link in the contest forum thread, but I also posted what the title was (since links posted in the forum are shortened, readers usually can't read the title of the hub in the link). When I posted the link and the title, I also posted my best photograph from the hub, just for fun and to get people interested and to get my post noticed.

A few observatoins, not facts: It seems like many HOTD articles are instructional or informational or are on subjects that appeal to a wide audience, unless that's my imagination. Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it seems that lately most of the HOTD articles are written by those in the apprenticeship program.