jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Traffic Crash!

1. leakeem profile image86
    leakeemposted 4 years ago

My traffic just crashed! Is anyone experiencing the same? Is there anything I can or should do? What's up? Is google trying another apocalyptic algorithm? did HP change something?

1. Jenn-Anne profile image90
      Jenn-Anneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My traffic for the last couple days has been bad. I'm hoping it is just the holiday weekend.

2. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 4 years ago

Don't despair. There must be a few hundreds of us experiencing the same. Its almost crazy here these days, and its becoming such an effort to keep our chins up.
    And its a shame that we mostly dont know what to do about it.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

HubPages has just made their featured/noindexed hub choices active. I think it will make a difference for a while, with a dip now, and hopefully a rise later. I've seen a drop off of 1/3, but consider it very temporary.

1. leakeem profile image86
      leakeemposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My account also lost about 1/3 of the normal traffic. Maybe it's really the new feature.

2. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wait I am confused. What do you mean featured/nonindexed?

My traffic has been pretty bad lately compared to how it used to be....The latest hubs I wrote are not performing well either...

4. Lauryallan profile image86
    Lauryallanposted 4 years ago

Yeah I thought I was the only one. Just checked my stast and my traffic is crazy low today. This is the lowest I have ever seen my daily HP traffic since the beginning of the year.

5. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Mine has actually improved somewhat. Is it because of the 9 hubs I killed? I have no idea.

6. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

From what I can see, no-one on this thread has had a visitation from the Google bots since the new feature was introduced, so traffic changes are something else.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
      PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree Izzy.  Plus it's a weird time in the USA - Labor Day weekend, which is similar to the August Bank Holiday in the UK, followed by many kids and students starting school again.  Very difficult to judge traffic.  Though if you've lost more than 50% traffic, it might be a Google/HP problem... difficult to say for sure.

7. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Both Pinterest and Twitter are busy little beavers today.

8. leakeem profile image86
    leakeemposted 4 years ago

Something interesting happened two days ago. My pageviews doubled! and it's getting consistent. I wonder what caused that.

9. denisemai profile image87
    denisemaiposted 4 years ago

Mine spiked on Labor Day weekend and crashed on Wednesday. I lost ALL of my Google traffic. That's a bummer for me because most of my traffic comes from Google. I can find many of my articles at the top of searches but my most popular titles are buried in Google Purgatory somewhere. I'm frustrated and am not sure what to do about it. Gahhh!