jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

About Hubpages Ads

1. 59
    Kuumarposted 4 years ago

i posted a hub and the moderator disabled, ads on my hub. i just wanted to know , am i still going to be paid by hubpage affiliated program?

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HP Ad Program? No.

1. 59
        Kuumarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

well i am not talking about adsense or ebay programs.

If the adverts are turned off by a moderator:

HP Adverts are disabled.
          Adsense is disabled.

eBay is NOT disabled.
          Amazon is NOT disabled.

1. relache profile image87
            relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Since eBay is part of the HubPages Ad program, won't those ads be disabled if the rest of the program is?

Kuumar, you need to read up on AdSense program content guidelines.  Prescription drug content is restricted.

Didn't realise that Relache? Will have to re-read my Ebay ToS. I thought the 7 ad blocks were linked to Adsense rules but eBay/Amazon weren't?

How would they disable capsule as opposed to block ads?

2. ITcoach profile image61
    ITcoachposted 4 years ago

It is quite amazing that ad services are closed on the hubpages. any how such services can give a lot of benefit to all both the hub pages or the users also.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Every service has rules you have to follow.  So the answer is to work out which one you broke and fix it.

3. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Sometimes they disable them because they infringe Adsense rules. I think it may be the topic the hub is about.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can't imagine any other reason; HP tries hard to protect its reputation and that of the hubbers with adsense.  Lose adsense and we both lose a major source of revenue.

It can be topics or it can be language or even repeated words.  "Breast", for instance, can get ads removed or even hubs unpublished.  Google is extremely prudish, and any reference to anything sexual is forbidden.  Of course, the 'bots aren't intelligent; they see "chicken breast" as "breast" and have a hissy fit.  Guns, gambling, drugs - all of these and many more are on the list as a possible reason to disable ads.

1. sabrebIade profile image85
        sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah...but I have seen Adsense ads for "Female Oil Wrestling" on blogs.
        Google is...how you say...hypocritical....

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Advertisers are scared to death of political hot-button issues. The hub in question most definitely falls within that realm.

5. 59
    Kuumarposted 4 years ago

thanks for all of your feedback.