jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

I don't like my hubs!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago

lol

roll

Okay, so yeah, I'm laughing at the title of this forum and so on.

I have over 150 hubs. I have unpublished most of them and I still don't like the ones published except for some...

My attitude has changed.

I don't want to write about certain things anymore.

But there are the comments. many people like the hubs. I don't know ....lol

Just thinking.....guess it don't matter
    Maybe
    thoughts?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with 'changing course' with your Hubs smile keep the one's with all the comments and just start adding your new ones. It's all part of 'growing' into a better writer that we learn. It's a good thing wink

schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I could keep the ones with the comments--basically all of them have comments. But I might have to edit them quite a bit. Alot of the content is overly personal imo, and not as good as I want it to be.

I'm not sure what kind of calibre of writing I want to be. I guess My skills have improved, anyone's would, but my writing style will prob always be the same..people tell me my poems are heartfelt and say they love them and I've enjoyed writing them, I don't want to dwell on the past thou, and I want to write about positive subjects--my old hubs are about depression and similar topics.

1. WritingPrompts profile image73
        WritingPromptsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You could revise & improve the hubs instead of just unpublishing them.  That way you get to keep your comments - and improve the quality of your writing at the same time.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image87
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

You could possibly create a group called "the old me" or something like that, and put the hubs you've outgrown in that group. Just a thought.

I like that idea...how do you categorize them into "the old me"? Do I put it in the first line of every hub? Or....

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The easiest way would be to organize them into a group titled 'The Old Me.'  When you do that, you're given the option for that title to appear before the title of the individual hub.

Why not start a brand new account as well? 

smile

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image87
          Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The drawback to a new account is, if you're looking at making money from your hubs, you'd have to reach your minimum payout in each account.

It's easy to make a group. Here's info from the Learning Center:
          http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Hub-Groups

Thank you Healthy!

Thanks for the link!

2. profile image0
            Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I never considered that!  Thanks for the info.  I've been tossing around making some of the same types of changes sgfr is considering. 

Good to know.

smile

3. Reality Bytes profile image91
            Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

An idea would be to have some accounts set up for Adsense only.  In this way, all accounts would accumulate from one source.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image76

Thank you so much Motown,

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I think everyone changes focus and interests at various times in their lives. If your original hubs are well-written, why not leave them?  You can change your focus or style without deleting what you have already accomplished. If, however, you have improved in your writing considerably, it might be wise to take them down and do rewrite on them.

Thank you for your input!

working