Your most embarrassing and funny moment of 2008-09 !!!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Tell us your story...here's mine, it just happened today!

I have been pretty sick for the past 6 days, flu/cold whatever...upper respiratory, excessive phlegm, clogged ears nose and lung congestion and brain fog ...

Anyway, I woke up around 8 this morning, way past my usual wake up time, except for this past week and got myself ready to go to work. Spent  half an hour deicing my car windows and brushing off the snow. Get to my job for a regular Monday, but the place is locked up. So I go back to my car to call someone, to leave a message. My client says, its still Sunday, but please do come back tomorrow!

We laughed a good long one on that big_smile

I even made three phone calls before I left home to try and get some phone work done, and the same message kept coming on, please call during regular business hours...and I said to myself, but its 9:30, where is everyone...and I still wasn't getting it !!!? big_smile

Kinda scary !

2. Tamarii2 profile image57
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago

I WAS GETTING DRESS TO GO OUT I PUT ON ALL BLACK FEMALE..ETC BLACK STOCKINGS ,TOP,...ETC WENT OUT CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND ME WALKED TO THE CAR I FORGOT TO PUT MY SKIRT ON I WAS SCRAMBLING TRYING TO GET BACK INSIDE.TO MY SURPRISE I LIVE ACROSS FROM A CAR LOT WHERE PEOPLE LINE UP TO GET THEIR CARS WORKED ON.WOW.ENJOY THE JOURNEY.PEACE.

3. profile image0
    Amy Gposted 14 years ago

lol!  I don't know what it would be for me... something stupid happens to me about every 12 minutes. 
    I did chuckle at your Sunday work story, though...I have a tendency to sleep walk, and more than once, I've jumped out of bed, rattled the kids, got them dressed and fed, and ready for school, and then - they asked me why we're going to school at 3am on Saturday.

Now my daughter's 11, and just tells me "Mom, you're asleep. Lay down and leave us alone." 
    Usually works, according to her.  I rarely remember these things.

4. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I don't think a lot of people are gonna wanna talk about their most embarrassing moments. I mean really. Not me. Take a guy or girl who wants to talk about their 'most' embarrassing moment, and half the time they've had a moment a thousand times more embarrassing than that.

5. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

This is a tiny bit embarrasing, did not bother me much my kids were devastated.

I have a daughter round the corner, a son in England and another son who is now in Florida... He emigrated to join his wife and two boys on Tuesday so we got together here in Dublin over the weekend...

On Sunday my son from England flew into Dublin, and the five of us went out in our car.(we had not travelled as a family of 5 for about 15 years, as they have their own families now)

All three of them were remembering the cheap holidays we had in Wales, the car so old that they had to wear wellies in the back as there were so many puddles etc etc... on and on about their childhood memories of the 3 of them stuck with us in the car...

I had chosen this lovely restraunt in Malahide, it makes you feel that you are in Spain with all the boats outside the window.  I assured the kids things had changed, the bad poverty days were over, we were going to a beautiful restraunt, and please stop reminding me what bad parents we had been.  Of course they were enjoying it, and secretly it was just wonderful to have the 3 of them together, who knows when it would happen again.

We walked in to the place, and were shown to our table, we had requested a table on a kinda balcony, where you could look down on everyone wearing their mink  and pearls etc..

We sat down and all three of them were giggling like they used to do when they were children, my daughter had pointed out to my two sons that my skirt was on inside out.......  I swear no one else in the restraunt noticed... they assured me everyone would have notice...  That was a tad embarrasing.... I had to walk past all the people in the restraunt, to go to the ladies, as they refused to eat the meal til I changed it...

In twenty years time if we get together again just the 5 of us the conversation will definately be
    "Remember when mum thought she was posh, and she had her skirt inside out">>>>>
    You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear....

6. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

None. Not one.

I'm simply to Sooper and Awesome to make a fool of myself.

big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)