jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Fluffy HP Accounts

1. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

I was looking for related hubs via Google and it was an unpleaant surprise to find out that there's a bunch of accounts here created with the sole purpose for placing links to external sites in the profile. Most of what I've seen has to do with penis enlargement and all kinds of pills. Is there a way for HP team to set a deadline after which zero-hub accounts will be deleted, or something like that? I'm afraid such accounts do bad favor for the community because SE's will frown upon the whole domain.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Why don't you just report those accounts with a short and sweet email to the admin team and let them take care of it from there?

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that's definitely an immediate solution.

I think Charlemont is talking about some kind of automation though - which I am not sure could be done, cause there are quite a few legit users who don't have hubs at all and only participate in comments and forum threads...

1. charlemont profile image83
        charlemontposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I've reported a bunch of such accounts, and will report more if it makes sense to delete them.
        No, those accounts I'm talking about sure were created with the purpose to place advertising links. No input to the community or forum posts for months - does it mean people really intended to stay here active? I doubt.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Well, it is definitely staff call. I think we all benefit if they manage to come up with some meaningful automation for such cases smile

working