jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Concerning having two accounts with Hub Pages for the purpose of varying subject

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

Concerning having two accounts with Hub Pages for the purpose of varying subject matter . . .

I have always noticed when signing out, the question of, "Do you want to sign in on another account, or something to that affect?"  So, if one does that, which would be a challenge, can your other self (Ha) comment on the other self, as the other self?  What are the rules to be aware of if one desired to do so pertaining to having two accounts under two different profile names?

2. watergeek profile image97
    watergeekposted 5 years ago

No. Hubpages requests that if you start commenting on a hub, a question, or a forum, you use only one account to continue the conversation. I accidentally commented under my 2nd name once, on the same conversation, but caught myself and didn't do it again. HP didn't say anything, so I assume they have a way of tracking if you do it a lot.

Faith Reaperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great, that is what I figured, but is there any other things to know before going with a second account? Thanks for answering.

2. MarleneB profile image97
      MarleneBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Faith, I had another identity for my spiritual hubs. But, I finally had to cut back to one persona. I like the idea of separate identities for separate subjects, but it was really hard for me to maintain seperate identities.

3. Faith Reaper profile image88

Thanks Marlene, I am just thinking outloud and learning as I go.  I appreciate your answer very much.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The rules as outlined in the FAQs only prohibit using multiple accounts in the forums. However, it would be poor etiquette to do so in Questions or comments on hubs.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#multipleaccounts

Thanks so much for your answer.  Are there any other areas that need adrressing if one has two accounts?

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. You will be needing a separate email address, and should not use a URL tracker from your primary account to sign up the new account. These are the only rules that I am aware of.

4. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 5 years ago

HubPages rules also prohibit using one of your  HP accounts as a source of backlinks for your other HP accounts.  So just keep them isolated from each other and you'll be fine.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Source?

2. Faith Reaper profile image88

Thanks for the answer.

5. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 4 years ago

I have seen many in the last year or two have more than one account.  IMHO it makes the person look fake.  I only have one account and I go by the rules.  They were made for a reason.  I may not agree with all of them, but I still try to adhere to them.

Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lady Guinevere, thanks for answering.  I was thinking if one had a particular "niche" and could concentrate one account on that and then a variety on the other, but you're right that would not be really good.

working