jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Can I make my HubPages private?

1. 60
    epictomywinposted 4 years ago

I kind of want to use it as a diary more than a blog, and this is the only real site where I can put in videos and pics and rearrange them beautifully.

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image100
      Stephanie Henkelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HubPages is meant to be a public collection of articles on a wide variety of subjects. It is not a blog site, nor a diary. In fact, if you write it as a blog, you are likely to get flagged for overly personal writing. If your are looking to write a personal blog or journal, there are many websites that are just for that purpose where you can control who has access to your entries, and you should be able to post pictures and videos on them as well.

1. 60
        epictomywinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah! Thank you! I just googled "Private blogs" and this is one of the sites that came up. Anyway, thanks for the response.
        Take care!

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
      Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I  do not see any TOS violations if you create pages and leave them unpublished.  I do occasionally backup important pages this way.  Although relevant to my hubs, I have no plans on making them public.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You'd be better of doing that on a site like Live Journal than HubPages

1. mattforte profile image91
        mattforteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ditto that.

Hubpages isn't meant for that...you'd be using up their web space for free. You could do everything you want using MS Frontpage, have more customizeability, and just uploading all of your pages into Google docs or something as html files. OR just go to Livejournal and sign up there.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure that's possible, since what you describe is kinda the opposite of what HubPages is all about. It's not meant to be a scrapbook to keep your personal Web stuff.

3. ttocs profile image95
    ttocsposted 4 years ago

maybe try wordpress or one of those blogsites?  Most of them have very nice UI's.

4. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

From what I know you can't make your Hub Pages private. But then again I've never looked into this. You can try Google Blog (blogger.com). You can insert photos in there and videos too. And I think you can make it private.