Cannot Publish hub due to duplicate content

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (41 posts)
  1. carol7777 profile image74
    carol7777posted 11 years ago

I have been doing a series on Astrology and going through one sign at a time.  I was careful not to duplicate language though certain things needed repeating. I eliminate two important paragraphs..format is the same but the information totally different.  I have done several that have gone through fine, but the last one did not. Any help here?

1. kidscrafts profile image74
      kidscraftsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Could you remove the things that you are repeating and have a separate article for that with a link referring from each sign to that other article?  I hope you can solve your problem :-)
      Have a good day!

carol7777posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you ..Did that and nothing seems to work.

1. kidscrafts profile image74
          kidscraftsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does it take time to the system to realize that you change your content?  Once Hubpages blocked one of my articles and I had to wait at least one day before they would show it.

2. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure.

Don't use duplicate content.

Easy.

the thing is that I am not.  I took off all the material that was the same in some way...and it still showed duplication.  The words are always the same...but just the name of the signs not the material.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have you googled sections to see if there is a duplicate elsewhere?

I tried a few and so far nothing like what I have written. Of course there are many astrology sites...Thank you.

2. Jamie Brock profile image92
          Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow. I have always found it rude when people reply with rude remarks when people reach out for help... You are a smart lady, Carol  and I KNOW you obviously do not have duplicate content if you found it necessary to post here.. The same thing happened to me as well and I contacted HP staff and they removed the warning.. sometimes its not your fault when these things happen.  Hope this helps smile

3. Handicapped Chef profile image67
      Handicapped Chefposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is a problem that come with recipe writing ....What I do is totally re-write it in your own words it takes some time but in the end it's your work I just really add my own twist my insight my understanding on how I want it to be...I hope this helps out.

Thanks so much but it was not a recipe hub.  I really am at a loss here...Because Astrology is my big thrust in writing.

1. Handicapped Chef profile image67
          Handicapped Chefposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your welcome I know it was not a recipe but if you can use the same logic I do it may work for you.

4. Gnarles Snarkly profile image61
      Gnarles Snarklyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is hard to say something about astrology that hasn't been said too many times already. It is based on a false assumption of the physical universe.

5. RichieMogwai profile image61
      RichieMogwaiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I also have one article like yours. I tried reworking it but it keeps coming back as duplicate content.  So I just let it sit there until I figure out what to do.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I assume you reran the checker by clicking the link at the bottom of your account page?

I ran the violation checker at the bottom..

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 11 years ago

Carol, have you considered combining some of those hubs into one hub, publishing them and see what happens?

4. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

If most of your hub is duplicate content it won't work.... You have to reword your hub. Also if you've published a hub and then republished it on another site then it will be considered duplicate and will be unpublished.

1. That Grrl profile image73
      That Grrlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Try writing one main post with the standard sort of content which is coming up as duplicate. Then spin the individual content for each sign off from the main post.  You can set this up by using Links as a directory. This way you don't need to repeat the basic information with the post for each sign.

It may take some figuring out and tweaking but that should get you out of the duplication problem.

Don't forget to connect each sign back to the original post with the full index and the main content.

I eliminated the paragraphs that were kind of similar but really different in content and they still claim I have duplication.  Thats life I guess. Thanks so much for your help.

5. tillsontitan profile image83
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

It happened to me once and I tried to delete anything that I thought THEY might think was duplicate.  It worked.  Is there any way you can contact the hubpages staff and ask them for some ideas about why you're having this problem?  Certainly a hub about a different sign should be considered a different hub!

I contacted hubpages and they claim there is duplication..not even close to that. I eliminated the beginning paragraphs that may have had some similar words.  It is  totally different in content..Just the listing of the signs is the same.  I am extremely discouraged and thinking about dropping out of hubpages. This was a big one for me and now it is taken away. Thanks for your help.

1. Jamie Brock profile image92

Don't leave HP Carol... what if you just scratched that hub (not the content) and started a new hub with your content that YOU KNOW is NOT duplicate.  I don't see why it would hurt.  I just feel like even the staff can be mistaken and if you feel it absolutely is not duplicate, it doesn't hurt to contact them again and explain you feel there is an error. I would email back and ask for the specific content on your hub that is duplicate... if they say it's dup they should be able to point it out to you... Know what I mean?

Jamie..you are such a dear.  I wrote them and said there was no duplication just duplication of each sign at the beginning...So we shall see what they write back.  They told me to delete or change drastically except there is no way I can change.  I just am disappointed as it gave me a really good niche...Thanks for your concern..that is always nice.

Just don't let this get you down enough to leave HubPages.. I love your hubs and so do lots of others... I'm sure you will get down to the bottom of it.  Astrology is popular and you can still keep writing on the subject... don't let this get you down. I know it's hard though but this WILL get worked out smile  Hang in there and KEEP writing smile

Thank you so much...Will try.

1. IzzyM profile image86
                IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If there is something you have in the hub that has very similar wording, and it is a paragraph or whatever, why not put that paragraph into a photo, then you can use it across all your hubs?

Photos don't come under duplication penalties.

Then you are free to write whatever you like under or around the photo.

Cool Idea... Thanks...Ingenious......

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
                    Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That happened to me once during the date of 9/11 and so I just figured a lot were writing on the same subject.  As it did not indicate exactly what or highlight what was duplicate, I pretty much rewrote the whole hub, and then it went through.  I still to this day do not know what was duplicate.

2. Jamie Brock profile image92

THAT is an awesome idea smile

I wrote on here...guess it didn't publish..or I missed it. I have been reinstated as it was a mistake...I removed half of the hub with hopes..so I will have to do a little patchwork.. Thanks Jamie and everyone for being so supportive and helpful.

6. carol7777 profile image74
    carol7777posted 11 years ago

I finally decided to just delete the hub as there was no way I could change any more than I did.  I probably will not be writing astrology any more unless I can think of a an entire new twist .Thanks to everyone for the best support and help ever.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Carol, as I mentioned, try to combine them into one hub instead and it should get published. Just edit the parts that are similar to reflect each zodiac sign.

Honestly there was nothing repeated ...I went over and over the hubs.  The issue is that one hub is very long with 12 descriptions...I couldn't write 144 descriptions on one hub. I am going to rethink this and figure out a way to write what I know on this topic.  Thank you again so much for being so helpful.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Okay, that makes more sense. I can understand that being very difficult. Hope you find a solution.

7. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

What do you mean by "very long with 12 descriptions...couldn't write 144 descriptions on one hub"?

8. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

Well, Carol, this just now happened to me and I kept rewriting it and rewriting it, and finally just to see, I copied and pasted all the text in the capsules back into my Word document, only leaving a video and an image.  It is still saying duplicate with nothing in the capsules?  I am just bewildered about it too.  Now, I did accidentally, when going in and out of the capsules, hit the publish button to my horror, as it was nowhere ready to be published, and I quickly realized it and unpublished it.  So, now I am wondering if it is thinking of the not actually published hub, as it is the same hub, but I unpublished it.  Crazy!
    I guess I may have to start from scratch after I had already worked on it for so long.

I bet maybe if you just waited a little bit and then published...? I don't know what is going on with HP lately but there is all kids of little buggy things going on.

But I have to say they've been really good to work with me on getting things sorted out.

2. Faith Reaper profile image83
        Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jamie dear one,

I think I finally figured out what the duplicate part was, it ihas just published a few minutes ago, but of course in pending status.  I did notice that I did tell of a certain trial that I went through as a child, and then I remember I did mention the same thing in one of my poems.  So, that must have been it.  Thanks for your input.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)