jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Can we block followers from following us?

1. Escobana profile image89
    Escobanaposted 4 years ago

Lately I'm getting a few followers with no Hubs, no profile info and weird fanmail or email.

Is there a way to block these people from following me? Or is Hubpages at least working on something in the privacy settings?

I'd rather be able to do something about it than wait for Hubpages to kick them out.

1. JKenny profile image93
      JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've been getting the same thing Escobana. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person creating multiple accounts and then going on following sprees. I keep getting weird fan mail too. 'Hi' or 'Hi friends'. I'm not sure whether we can block people on here, but it might be worth clicking on their profiles and flagging them to see if HP can do anything about it.

Escobanaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did flag their profiles and the type of fanmail is similar to yours. Sometimes I get a link to sell products as fanmail.

I'd rather have the option to unfollow them and be done with it.

To block them is what I mean to say.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can deny the fanmail as another user mentioned.
      You can uncheck "Allow others to contact you?"

here:
      https://hubpages.com/my/profile/email

As far as blocking a user, there is not current process do do that, but you can certainly suggest it here:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/category/6634

Thanks for responding. To not allow others to contact me, is not really what I mean to. Most people contacting me are serious writers with nice emails.

Blocking those who have no business here, bothering others by spamming and sending emails that make no sense, is what hubpages should make possible.

I'll think of suggesting it to hubpages but I find they have enough on their hands with all the recent changes:-) Thanks for the tip!

2. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Just go into the 'Fan Mail' part of your account and press the deny button

I deny, I flag and I post something in the forum to hopefully have hubpages, add the option to block them.

working