Do you always leave fanmail when you start following a hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. cactusbythesea profile image79
    cactusbytheseaposted 11 years ago

Do you always leave fanmail when you start following a hubber?

2. rutley profile image64
    rutleyposted 11 years ago

Yes, I think it's just a nice thing to do...................................................................

3. internpete profile image83
    internpeteposted 11 years ago

Not always, but I usually try to find something nice to say. It is always fun to get feedback from people and it is an easy thing to write a few words about a hub you liked or similar interests.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes, Always. I think it the proper thing to do.

5. ThompsonPen profile image66
    ThompsonPenposted 11 years ago

I agree with rutley, it is a nice thing to do. However, it's also good to let the Hubber know why you're following them as well, so they know where their strengths are smile

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

Yes, most of the times. It adds a feeling to it.

7. EyesStraightAhead profile image73
    EyesStraightAheadposted 11 years ago

I typically don't leave fanmail unless I have read a really powerful hub. Instead, I wait until I have been reading their hubs long enough to know I have enjoyed their writing, want to say thanks, or want to say they are a great writer. It varies though...sometimes I know I will like someone right away and will leave fanmail that same day.

8. profile image0
    tigresosalposted 11 years ago

I try to do so. I am a new hubber without many leaders and without many followers. So far I have tried to post a fan mail whenever I have followed someone.

9. Rebecca2904 profile image69
    Rebecca2904posted 11 years ago

I don't follow too many Hubbers as I think I just wouldn't be able to keep up with what everyone has written. When I do follow someone, I follow them because not only do they have great hubs and an excellent writing style, but I also think they have interesting views and a unique way of viewing the world. I always tell someone why I'm following them, I think if I can't think of a reason then I shouldn't bother to follow them.
    It does kind of... not really annoy me, but frustrate me a little when people follow me without leaving fanmail or commenting on any of my Hubs. Of course I appreciate the gesture, but I would appreciate knowing even more what they think works with my Hubs and areas they think I could improve upon.

10. profile image0
    danielabramposted 11 years ago

I leave fanmail only when I have something worthy to say.

11. Icematikx profile image59
    Icematikxposted 11 years ago

Nope, never left any. I just dont feel the need too!

12. mismazda profile image59
    mismazdaposted 11 years ago

I think it is a nice gesture, and it lets the writer n
    know why you may be following them. I dont do it often, but at least I have read some of their HUBS, and left them feedback on the hubs.

13. LoisRyan13903 profile image60
    LoisRyan13903posted 11 years ago

I may not always leave fan mail, but I try to comment on at least one of the hubs and try to read more than one hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)