Suggestion: Be able to change capsules

1. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 3 years ago

Here's what I'm thinking: say you've gone to all the effort to add a capsule and move it in to just the right place. Then you realise after all that moving around, that it's the wrong capsule type. So then you have to remove it and repeat the same steps.

Could we not have a feature which would allow you to change a text capsule in to a link capsule for instance? Or perhaps make it so that when you add a capsule, it's sort of neutral, until you move it in to place and then choose which capsule you want it to be, if that makes sense.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Are you aware that running the cursor up the left side, just outside text, will produce a pop up window that will let you add a capsule at that point?

From there, you might want to float it right and then down some, but even if so it is still far easier than using the section at the top right of the edit screen to insert capsules.

You can also move capsules around to some extent using the section on the right that shows just capsules.  It isn't very accurate, but still often quicker than moving it with the arrows on the capsule itself.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image93
        Anti-Valentineposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I often use that method of adding capsules. And I also sometimes use the capsule jumbler thing to move, now that it works (it used to screw up the hub terribly). I dislike using the old method of adding capsules from the top.

I just thought it might be a good idea to be able to change a capsule. Say if you had a text capsule, you could click edit and select change to... link capsule, for instance.