jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

New hubber, new hub, looking for feedback. Thanks!

1. geminimishy profile image60
    geminimishyposted 4 years ago

Hey seasoned hubbers,

I just wrote my first hub, a piece about European football and the things new and casual fans may not know but would be interested in. I added a few images and tried to break down the format into an easy to read article that would make it appropriate for readers and skimmers alike. I would appreciate any feedback you all may have. Thanks in advance!

Mish

http://geminimishy.hubpages.com/hub/Eur … eague-Play

1. Shanna11 profile image90
      Shanna11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not a seasoned hubber, but woah, that was impressive. My first Hub here was absolutely appalling (and most of my current Hubs follow that same track...), but your Hub was awesome! I didn't know anything about European football, and really didn't think I wanted to know more, but once I started reading, I kept reading, learned a lot and realized I really enjoyed learning more! Nicely done!

Welcome to Hubpages! I think you'll fit right in!

geminimishyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that. smile I looked at your hubs, they seem great!

2. writinglover profile image83
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

Just read this and this was very informative and well written. I've learned a lot more about European football. Welcome aboard!

3. geminimishy profile image60
    geminimishyposted 4 years ago

I appreciate the feedback, thanks! Is there anything I am missing? Something I should change?

1. That Grrl profile image77
      That Grrlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The layout is very good. I skimmed the content and didn't see typos. The only thing I'd add is something from eBay. I don't always add eBay to my posts but there should be something interesting there which you could add in.

I can't seem to get my adsense approved and you need it before they will let you add ebay. It's driving me nuts. I thought maybe I messed something up, but I can't figure it out. I did add amazon, do you think that helps?

1. sallybea profile image97
          sallybeaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What is it about Adsense?   is there some sort of magic formula we need to apply to get their approval or does one simply go on writing just for the pleasure of it.!

Haha! I know! I am looking around and it seems there are quite a few people running into issues with it. Ah well, I resubmitted. Now for the waiting game.

4. Jayson Mirasol profile image61
    Jayson Mirasolposted 4 years ago

Wow i am really impressed by what you achieved in just four days joining, i am also a newbie but maybe my hubs are not so interesting cause my visitors are very low. Hopefully i can make it better or make interesting hubs in the future.

working