jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Averages

1. Ericdierker profile image80
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

What is an average hub score? What is an average Hubber score? I am afraid I am following really good hubbers and some times I feel inadequate. I get the scoring techniques. I get that you should not write just for scores or money, I am cool with that. Let me know your thoughts, and even better any funny anecdotes on the subject, us newbies need casual direction from time to time.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Just for the heck of it, let's post hub averages. Could be both interesting and enlightening. Mine is 78 at the moment.

Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How did you figure that out? add them up and divide by number of hubs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Peruse top of stats page. You will find it. smile

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 3 years ago

My hubs usually range from 72 - 90

The 'average' varies and is effected by the lower scores given 'work in progress' and other unpublished hubs... that also effects your Hubber Score (having other than published hubs in our portfolio)... I have always maintained an average of 75 + when measured over all published hubs.  That's an excellent level to aim for and maintain if you can.  I write mainly poetry, so for poets 75+ is an extremely high average... which is achievable with high quality work and maintaining a word count above 500..

Don't feel inferior, or allow yourself to be compared on such a basis.... Strive to be unique and reflect who you are in your articles and quality control standards... There are many excellent writers here... but to find them... you MUST look for them outside of any 'mainstream' directions given to you... Some of the Best Writers tend to be those who engage in Creative Writing and Poetry, as opposed to ad based writing etc.   I am assuming that you consider 'Good Hubbers' to be quality writers... if so... then look further than on the 'tourist' trails.... You will not be disappointed... though you may find that your ideas on what constitutes a 'Good Hubber' will change positively!  Don't get me wrong though, there are some excellent writers in all categories... but to be straight up (honest) with you... there are also a large amount of substandard 'would-be' writers here... who enjoy the butt patting, but grammatically are shocking! lol
    Good Luck with your goals.... and your uniqueness..

Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Kind of bums me out if the include unpublished material. I unpublished one the other day, it was at 52. I just checked and it went up to 68 while unpublished and untouched. My head has hole in it from the scratching.

4. keepexploring profile image79
    keepexploringposted 3 years ago

You shoud not worry about that score, just keep publishing great content, be active and your score will rise smile