Paradigm shifts- top three

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 3 years ago

Would any experienced hubbers like to comment on the biggest changes they have made in their HP approach over the past ten months?

I have observed what looks like a major paradigm shift in the overall site. 

Wondering how writers have shifted their "world-view" too.

2. annart profile image87
    annartposted 3 years ago

My own approach has included trying to be more technically minded whilst not losing the integrity of the writing.  I am more conscious of being under the spotlight and I worry about getting the links and 'marketing' right even though I don't write with earnings as a priority.  I now make sure I regularly edit my hubs.

I've noticed that there seem to be more stringent controls (maybe for the better or worse, perhaps sometimes both) and more of a 'big brother' approach to profile layouts and hubs.  The whole site is not so informal and 'cosy' as before.  HubPages need to make sure all content is up to standard but the element of trust is diminishing, I feel.

There also seems to be something of a shift to relying much more on hubbers to police others; is this because there are not enough hub officials to oversee all hubs?  Having said that, I've also noticed more incorrect English/bad grammar used, as well as more inappropriate language; shame, as this site is valuable to sincere writers and interested readers.