jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Excellent HP Blog Post on Controversial Issues

1. Paul Maplesden profile image90
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

There's a great blog post from Simone and Marcy Goodfleisch about a recent conversation they had that covers lots of very interesting areas and provides some food for thought.

You can find the blog post here:

http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/04/contro … questions/

Among other things, it covers:

- Does Google penalize us for Hubs that aren’t Featured?
    - Do un-Featured Hubs lower our rankings within HubPages?
    - How important is the HubScore (the number related to each Hub), and what, if anything, is it used for?
    - What is the best recommendation for dealing with Hubs that have are no longer Featured?
    - What is being done to rid the site of very old, very bad content?

This is a very insightful post, consolidating lots of information in one place and is worth a read.

Thanks to Simone and Marcy for puting this together.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, big thanks to Marcy for getting this going! big_smile

I invite anyone and everyone to email me directly with more questions we think we should address in a blog post.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years ago

I agree that this is a useful and informative HP Blog post. Thanks got drawing attention to it.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

It is a helpful post.  The only part that seemed somewhat confusing was in the section about unfeatured hubs effect on rankings within HP. 
    That said, if you write high quality Hubs that get high quality scores, and many of them happen to not be Featured, your rankings on HubPages should not be negatively affected.

If they're high quality and have received high quality rankings, why are they not featured?

4. Horatio Plot profile image84
    Horatio Plotposted 3 years ago

So the answer to the first question is "no" in the first paragraph of the answer but "yes" in the second and the answer to the second question is "yes" and "no" both within the same sentence. God bless HubPages and all who sail in her...

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Lol - I thought the same but wouldn't have been able to put so well.

I also thought the bit on google's keyword tool was a bit weird (Hubpages roundabout way of saying don't use the tool?). The tool has never been 100% perfect and it is less so now but it is still very useful as a gauge, both for publishers and advertisers.

Millions of businesses use it every day to help them decide what search phrases to bid on for adwords purposes. In my experience of creating adwords campaigns and as a content publisher it works well enough.